Editing 11 months

Now that I am having fun with my new tablet, and I have upgraded to Photoshop CC (previously using elements), I can have a little more control and fun with the monthly pictures of R.  Take this month’s picture for example.  I was not able to get her to lay on the quilt for the life of me, so I decided to turn the quilt into a backdrop by draping part of it over a table.

before

As you can see, the table wasn’t quite big enough to backdrop the entire view. (I have already done my basic color tweaks to brighten this picture). So, I decided to try a background clone stamp to see if I could cover those holes, and I think I did pretty alright.

after

The left side came out better than the right, with the quilting stitching being closer to matching, but I think it is ok for a first effort. This month I wanted to do a pink circle for the month, but I was having trouble getting it to multiply onto the onesie without any blue reflections coming through and making parts of it look purple. So, after an hour of fiddling with it, I decided to just leave it like this and call it done.  Not my best effort, but I was getting hangry and frustrated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *