I am in the home stretch now! I just got a call today, and my c-section is scheduled for 4/24. Less than 10 days away! At my OB appointment on Friday, they were concerned about how small I was measuring, so I am going on Weds for another ultrasound to make sure that everything is ok with baby. I am sure it is all fine and I am just measuring small because she is further down in my pelvis than L was at the same time, but pregnancy hormones do not respond to logic so I am also extremely worried.
I am not ready for baby girl to be here, but at the same time, I am very ready to not be pregnant anymore. I don't think I would ever be truly ready for another baby, no matter how much time I could take. At this point, I am just hoping to have my hospital bag packed and the house semi clean before she gets here (neither of which are done yet). J and I have some other projects that we would like done before she gets here (ceiling fan installation and Hot Wheels car rack for L), but none of those other projects are essentials. Here is a quick update on my "essentials" to-do list:
Move tall dresser and bookcase to L’s room
Move L into his big boy room
Paint owl and birds
Convert bed back to Crib
Make crib skirt
- Set up changing table (changing pad and diaper changing supplies)
- Remove the rest of L’s stuff – Just have to remove the artwork hanging on the walls still
- Add closet organizer for baby clothes – Bought the same one we used for L's room and it doesn't fit. Went and got a different one from IKEA and it is halfway installed
- Buy new curtains (baby blue just doesn’t go with her room colors) – One curtain painted, I ran out of textile medium so I had to order more.
- Make/Buy mobile – Started an ETSY convo to get a custom one made . . . still waiting on response . . .
So, I have made some progress on the list, but not as much as I would like to have made by now. Hopefully with J starting to work from home more this week, we can knock out a couple of projects during his lunch breaks. Haha, like he gets lunch breaks!