This weekend I have been working hard on revamping the listings in my ETSY shop. At first I was going to purchase some mockups that I could use to make listings, but the cost for commercial licenses for that was more than I make on my shop in a year. So, I decided to learn how to make my own mockups with my camera, a couple of simple props, and Photoshop (of course). In the process of doing this, I have learned about 20 new things in Photoshop. After about 4 hours of learning and work, my listings are going from this:
to my new and improved listing style!
Hopefully a more modern look will encourage shoppers to spend more time on my site!
Now that I am having fun with my new tablet, and I have upgraded to Photoshop CC (previously using elements), I can have a little more control and fun with the monthly pictures of R. Take this month’s picture for example. I was not able to get her to lay on the quilt for the life of me, so I decided to turn the quilt into a backdrop by draping part of it over a table.
As you can see, the table wasn’t quite big enough to backdrop the entire view. (I have already done my basic color tweaks to brighten this picture). So, I decided to try a background clone stamp to see if I could cover those holes, and I think I did pretty alright.
The left side came out better than the right, with the quilting stitching being closer to matching, but I think it is ok for a first effort. This month I wanted to do a pink circle for the month, but I was having trouble getting it to multiply onto the onesie without any blue reflections coming through and making parts of it look purple. So, after an hour of fiddling with it, I decided to just leave it like this and call it done. Not my best effort, but I was getting hangry and frustrated.